Trickster - Beginner
Trickster: Got Talent... and Smarts!
Learn show stopping performances at SmartyPup! Trickster course. And, if you choose, earn an AKC Title!
What the class covers
- Gimme Four
- Individual project
- Find it
- Get In, Get On
- Jump through a hoop
- Kennel up
- ...and more!
- Classes: 5 weekly sessions; 55 min.
- Cost: $225.00
- Trainers: 1 trainer and 1 training assistant
- Dogs: 8
- Includes: Support documents, clicker
- Graduate of Puppy 1 or an equivalent formal course.
- Pup must be over six months old
- Owner must have basic understanding of positive-reinforcement training methods
- Dogs must not be reactive or on leash towards people and other dogs
If you would like to earn a Trick Dog title from the AKC, you’ll need an AKC number (all dogs and breeds are welcome to register) and a signed evaluators form, along with the processing fee and your title will be mailed to you. SmartyPup! will also recognize the completion of your Trick Dog title with a New Title Rosette Ribbon.
- Perform the tricks (from the check list in the Title Application) in the presence of an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator.
- Submit Application with the check list for the particular title you are applying for.
There are four levels – Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Performer. We are here to help you accomplish all levels. Our AKC Evaluator can check off your accomplishment as you and your pup succeed during class. No test is necessary! It’s that easy!
•Novice Trick Dog (TKN)
The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title.
•Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI)
The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
•Advanced Trick Dog (TKA)
The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 5 tricks from the Advanced list.
•Trick Dog Performer (TKP)
Handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks previously learned.