Obedience drills are left behind in this class as the pups learn to follow their noses and get rewarded for doing so.
All dogs have great sniffers so let’s put them front and center!
WHO NOSE your dog's nose? SmartyPup! NOSE Games and Scent work!
...Obedience drills are left behind in this class, your dogs will learn to follow their noses and get rewarded for doing so. Along the way they learn focus and build confidence, which makes this class super fun for all pups no matter how shy or bold.
What the class covers
- Basic overview of how dogs’ noses work (basic olfactory anatomy)
- Discussion of odor and how dogs find it
- Encouraging the search
- Reinforcing the dog for a successful search
- Building confidence through nose work
- Current on all vaccinations/immunizations, including bordetella.
- Dogs should be crate trained and/or able to settle with other dogs present.
- Dog must be able to be handled by a friendly stranger.
- Dog must be able to work safely around people and dogs.
- SmartyPup! Graduate
- People who LOVE working and playing with their dogs.
- Dogs who LOVE sniffing, smelling and investigating the world.
- Course is 5 weekly sessions, 55 minutes
- Trainers: 1 trainer, Sheelah G, and 1 training assistant.
- Class size: 6 dog and handler training teams
THIS CLASS WILL FILL UP FAST!!