NoseWork Short Course
Obedience drills are left behind in this class as the pups learn to follow their noses and get rewarded for doing so.
All dogs have great sniffers so let’s learn how awesome and powerful a dog's nose really is!
WHO NOSE your dog's nose? SmartyPup! Smell-O-Rama
...Obedience drills are left behind in this class, your dog will learn to follow their nose and get rewarded for doing so. Along the way they learn some focus and confidence, which makes this class super fun for all pups no matter how shy or bold.
What the class covers
- Basic overview of how dogs’ noses work (basic olfactory anatomy)
- Discussion of odor and how dogs find it
- Encouraging the search
- Reinforcing the dog for a successful sniffing and searching
- Current on all vaccinations/immunizations.
- Dogs should be able to enter a crate
- Dog must be able to be handled by a friendly stranger.
- Dog must be able to work safely around people and dogs.
- SmartyPup! Graduate or the equivalent: SFSPCA, PuppyPrep, Sirius.
- Course is 3 weekly sessions, 50 minutes
- Trainers: 1 trainer, Sheelah G, and 1 training assistant.
- Class size: 6 dog and handler training teams
THIS CLASS WILL FILL UP FAST!!
- People who LOVE working and playing with their dogs.
- Dogs who LOVE sniffing, smelling and investigating the world.