Puppy 2: for puppy 1 or pupdog 1 grads
Puppy 2: The Teenage Phase—For Pups Who Have Completed Pup 1 or PupDog 1
SmartyPup! Puppy 2 classes will teach your pup the relevance of commands and proofing those commands. This class is more structured than Puppy 1 and PupDog 1 for both you and your pup. Work starts right away. No matter how well-behaved your pup was as a baby, a teenage dog will draw a complete blank on just about everything you thought they had mastered! You may be think, "What happened to my sweet puppy? Why is he ignoring me? He only listens when he wants to. Why is he barking at kids and paper bags?" Training has become a real challenge for you and your dog. Don’t despair! Enter SmartyPup! Puppy 2 class.
- Completion of Puppy 1, PupDog 1, or a similar 5-to-6-week group course at another puppy school & 4.5 and 18 months. Exceptions may be possible if just outside this range. Please contact us for approval before registration.
- Pup must have been under your care for at least 10 days prior to first class session
- Due to the Outbreak of Canine Influenza in the Bay Area:
All dogs are REQUIRED to have received at least the 1st Canine Flu vaccine before the first day in program. Please consult your veterinarian. if you choose not to vaccinate please complete waiver for the Canine flu Vaccine.
- Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
What the class covers
- Refining puppy manners, quick sits and downs, impulse control, improving basic recall, heeling basics, loose-leash walking and rock solid stays so you can increase off-leash reliability.
- Loose leash walking
- Drop, Give, Don't Touch
- Stay and Focus: "Listen to me!"
- Anti-jump techniques
- Run-away prevention and modification
- How to look cool at the dog park
- Classes: 5 weekly sessions; 55 min.
- Cost: $225.00
- Includes: Support documents
Don't see the class you want? Timing not yet perfect? Please fill out our wish list for future classes. As soon as a new course offering is available, we will contact you!