Puppy Workshop - 90 min.
For people with a new puppy, considering getting a puppy, or who are about to get a puppy! This is the class you and family members will especially appreciate. Children are welcome and we encourage you to bring your friends and family.
SEE FULL CURRICULUM
In a group setting, you and your puppy will learn
- Prepare your home and your family to live with a puppy
- Create a safe and comfortable environment for your dog (and you!)
- Ensure your puppy loves his place in the house
- Recognize normal puppy behavior from not-so-normal
- Prevent unwanted mouthing/biting habits
- Housebreak in record-breaking time
- Prevent aggression, guarding through handling, object sharing and exchange practice
- Practice safe socialization and exposure adventures
Life Skills. This includes early prevention of behavior problems, crate training, housebreaking, handling, settling, Q&A, socialization, desensitization. Each class includes play sessions, Q&A time, anti-jump practice, and basic management.
Sign up for Dayschool program, get rewarded! 5 free puppy socials
Pup must be under 16 weeks
Prior to the Workshop, your puppy must have at least:
* one distemper, and
* one parvovirus vaccination, and
* bordatella, and
* one deworming
* Due to Recent Outbreak of Canine Influenza in the Bay Area:
We are STRONGLY recommending to vaccinate against Canine Flu for all dogs. Please consult your veterinarian.
- Pup must be in the care of a local veterinarian and/or have had its first health check at least 7 days prior to the Workshop.
- Pup must have been under your care for at least 7 days prior to the workshop.