Hey, Don't touch, eat, or pee on that!
- Potty Training
- Crate Training and playpen - home alone training; sleeping through the night, extinguishing distress vocalization.
- Furniture Rules-are you ON or are you OFF? Tethering - Safety first, I can't catch my puppy!
- Chewing - toy training (entertaining self/settling down).
- The Blink Factor – never let your pup run free in the house.
Relaxed Puppy - I can settle on my own and dont mind being on my own
- Food puzzle toys
- Mental & Physical Challenges for a smart, happy tired puppy
- I can entertain myself and am ok being alon
BITING, HANDLING AND SHARING
OUCH! Hey that hurts! Don't do that!
- Soft Mouth before 12 weeks!
- Play time with pup - schedule time for play and practice Mouthing during play - use toy exercise for teaching proper play with feedback for illegal bites.
- Hand feeding meals and treats - Taking food and items gingerly (self control)
- Feedback for hard bites – “Time Outs” and verbal feedback, etc.
- Taking things only on request
I CAN be friendly with You, Your Friends, the Vet and the Groomer
- Aggression Prevention and Handling is
- Object exchanges (aggression prevention)
- Food bowl
- People items - kleenex, underwear,
- Handling – examining, vet visit,
- Different positions- you will have to remove a flea, tick or burr from your dogs body one day...learn how to do it stress free!
- Food around other dogs - dog/dog aggression prevention
SAFE SOCIALIZATION and IMPULSE CONTROL
I Like surprises, new people and new adventures! .**
- Socialization — I am confident in my surrounding
- On leash
- Outside walks (when possible)
- I have good manners and can say Please and thank you
Basic Training Impulse Control — I can wait for the things I want
- Teach me what I should not touch.
- I wont run from you if you need to catch me.
- Give/drop it
- Waiting for what I want – (food, toys, attention, access, release…)
- Don’t touch (management-do not give puppy access to the things you do not want him to have)